Meet the Chairmen
H.E. Dr. Mahmoud ABU ZEID
President of the Arab Water Council Former Minister
of Water Resources and Irrigation – Egypt
- Former Minister of Water Resources & Irrigation of Egypt (12 years 1997-2009).
- President of Arab Water Council (Since 2004).
- Honorary President of World Water Council and format president of the Council.
- Member of UN Advisory Board on Water Supply and Sanitation (UNSGAB).
- Co-Chair of the UN High-Level Taskforce (HLT) for the Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS), January 2010.
- Former President of International Water Resources Association (IWRA).
- Former Vice President of International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID).
- B.Sc Civil Engineering 1957,M.Sc Irrigation Engineering 1960, Ph.D Groundwater Hydrology 1962,
- Honorary Doctorate from IHE Delft.
- Holder of several awards and prizes.
- Author of more than 200 papers and 11 text books.
- He led the move towards on-farm Water Management and Integrated Water Resources Management in Egypt.